Projects For Me
lets get to know each other!
Who is Josh?
It was a sunny day in 1983 when I emerged from the womb… Just kidding Lets fast forward a bit, I served four years in the USAF, and used the G.I. Bill to go to school. I Just graduated in May 2011 from WSU with a BSc in Computer Science and a minor in Mathematics. I'm currently looking for work starting in August.
I excelled in school, graduating summa cum laude, and scored in the 95th percentile of graduates nationwide on standardized tests. The projects on this site should provide an idea what I am capable of. Ruby is my primary language, but I'm interested in many languages and domains. I interned in a Rails shop about a year ago. ARSettings represents the best that I can currently do.
Send me an email if theres anything more specific you'd like to know.
What am I looking for in a job?
- I'm interested in a place with 5-20 developers (ideal # is probably 8) developing with some sort of agile methodology. It doesn't need to be an official one (XP/Scrum) but I want to know that they get it, that the agile paradigms are imbued in their daily routines. I'm still learning software engineering, I want to make sure I do it in an environment that will teach me good practices.
- I just got my passport, I'd love to experience a foreign culture. If I stay in the U.S., I would check out the west coast first, because there is a teeming Ruby community over there that I'd like to be part of.
- Company Culture
- I would like a company which embraces the principles laid out in Peopleware. I want to like my supervisor. I want to be able to trust them and their decisions. I want them to foster a healthy team of people who gel well together, that I can be a part of. I'd like a company who considers continued education to be valuable. I'd like a company that wants me to want to go to conferences and training sessions and read books.
- I would like a job where I can have a menagerie of responsibilities. I enjoy learning about many different things, so I think I would feel a little stifled if I was the (fill in the blank) guy, and never got to play with anything outside of that niche.
- As long as we're not destroying the earth, exploiting people, or generally causing harm, I don't have much of a preference about the product.